It can be tricky drinking on a budget. You want to be able to go out, order delicious mocktails, tasty smoothies and exciting fresh juices but these high-end drinks can cost quite a lot. Is it even possible to enjoy amazing crafted drinks without spending all your money? The answer is yes!
We will show you some of the best cheap drinks out there and tell you exactly how to order them. We will also talk about some delicious discount drinks you can make at home. Blending your own non alcoholic drinks may be the best way to save money!
Let’s dive into the world of cheap drinks and get you sipping on something tasty and inexpensive.
Mocktails and other fancy drinks can have a lot of various components that increase the price. The more complicated a drink it, the more expensive it will be. Drinks also go up in cost if they are hard to make. The more time a barista, mixologist, or barista spends making a drink, the more you have to pay!
Here are a few things that will make a drink cost more:
- fresh fruit- Fruit is very perishable so having fresh fruit on hand can cost a restaurant or bar a lot of money. Between food waste and the high price of quality fruit, establishments will charge more for fresh fruit drinks.
- Fancy Ingredients- think nitrogen, dry ice, specialized food colorings etc. Anything that is out of the ordinary will cost a lot.
- Fresh herbs- Stocking and storing fresh herbs can be pricy. You’ll see that cost in the price of your drink!
- Frozen drinks- Blending drinks takes more time and can drive up a drinks price. It takes more time to blend than to pour!
Anytime a drink has a lot of ingredients or is hard to make, you are going to pay a premium. Sometimes the extra little perks can be worth the price but other times, a budget friendly drink is needed.
We have a few tips and tricks to help you order tasty, budget friendly drinks. Luckily, omitting alcohol from a drink will automatically decrease its price. This is one of the huge benefits of sticking to non alcoholic drinks! It definitely pays to live the “dry life” in more ways than one!
Here are a few tips you can try to help you order drinks on a budget:
1. Ask for a small size drink and request that it is put in a large cup with extra ice. Adding more ice will bulk up your drink and you only have to pay for the smaller size.
2. If you are sharing drinks or plan to hang out with your friends at a restaurant, order a pitcher of mocktails rather than individual drinks. You will pay less for ordering in bulk.
3. Drink from the glass rather than with a straw. Using a straw makes you drink faster and you will have to order more drinks. Sipping slowly from the glass will help you order less drinks.
4. Look for deals or specials. Bars and restaurants often have drink deals that can work for mocktails and non alcoholic drinks. Ask for the virgin version of the house special.
5. Order drinks that only have two or three ingredients. The less complicated the drink, the cheaper it will be!
6. Make your own mocktails at home. You will save a lot of money by mixing up your own drinks at home. We have hundreds of recipes to help you make your own delicious, budget friendly drinks!
Our tricks will help you order the cheapest drinks possible. We also have some delicious, easy drink recipes that will save you time and money.
Here are a few of our favorite budget friendly drinks that you can make at home. Each drink only has a few ingredients and is easy to make. These recipes will save you money and still give you a delicious drink.
- Mimosa Mocktail Recipe- All you need is orange juice, lemonade and sprit! Skip the orange slice garnish to save even more.
- Virgin in the City- A little bit of cranberry juice, orange juice and some lemon and lime makes a fantastic, sophisticated mocktail that won’t break the bank.
- Virgin Summer Sunrise Mocktail- You can make a beautiful, show stopping mocktail with just two ingredients. Fewer ingredients means less money!
- Carrot Detox Juice- Making your own fresh juice is much cheaper than heading to your local juice bar. This carrot detox juice is packed with healthy, tasty ingredients that is one of the best drinks to make at home.
- Starbucks Copycat Pink Drink Recipe- Never buy your favorite refreshers again- just make them at home! This delicious pink drink recipe tastes identical to the pricey Starbucks Refresher. You will save a lot of money making this drink at home.
You Asked About Cheap Drinks, We’re Answering
We get a lot of questions about how to stretch your budget and make delicious cheap drinks. We decided to answer some of the most frequently asked questions here. Hopefully they help you on your quest for budget friendly beverages.
What is the cheapest drink?
Basic drinks are the cheapest. Order drinks that don’t contain too many crazy ingredients. Asking for virgin drinks will definitely save you money! Juice with a splash of grenadine, a blend of lemonade and fruit juices, and blended drinks like a virgin daiquiri are all pretty inexpensive.
How do you drink on a budget?
Have some fun drinks before you go out for the night. Enjoying a homemade mocktail can help you save money as you’ll crave less when you’re out on the town. Try looking for specials and deals when you are out drinking. Look for a buy one get one free mocktail deal! Local events may also have great deals. The key to drinking on a budget is to be thrifty.
What drinks to order at a bar for a girl?
Girls like all drinks. Ask your date what kinds of flavors and tastes they like and go from there. If a girl likes fruity flavors, look for something like a mimosa or cosmopolitan mocktail. If they are into bubbly drinks, search for something made with ginger beer. You can always just let girls order for themselves!
What are basic drinks?
Other than water, fruit juice mixes are the most basic mocktails around. A blend of juice can be pretty delicious! Non alcoholic mojitos and mimosas are also very easy to make.
What is the healthiest drink in the world?
Green tea is the healthiest drink in the world. It is full of antioxidants, nutrients and can even lower the risk of cancer. There are lots of benefits to drinking green tea and it tastes pretty good too!
Is 40% alcohol a lot?
40% alcohol is a good amount. This is considered 80 proof which is about the alcohol by volume of straight vodka.
Can 5% alcohol get you drunk?
You definitely can get drink on 5% alcohol by volume. A beer contains about this much alcohol. Several beers will get you very drunk.
What should you not order at a bar?
When at a bar, you should never ask for “whatever’s the cheapest”. Not only do bartenders not like this, but you are likely to get something old or even bad.
What is a good sipping drink?
Straight, strong liquors are often considered to be the best drinks to sip on. Here at mocktail.net, we prefer something with no alcohol. You can find us sipping on a rich homemade hot chocolate or a nice cool refresher.